Want to know a little more about the team members who you speak to daily/weekly/monthly? We thought you might too.
I asked the team a few interview questions so you have a behind he scenes look into what the team do in their spare time as well as just in work
- How did you get into the industry & when?
I was doing affiliate management for a local affiliate program and received a job offer from a lottery company which I took. This was around 4 years ago now!
- What is it about the industry you love?
The fact that you don’t need to do the same thing as the normal jobs out there – creativity is welcomed! I also like the conferences abroad as I am quite the hyperactive person, so they provide welcomed routine breakers.
- Do you think you will ever leave the industry?
You never know, do you? At the moment I feel like I am pretty good at what I do and I am part of a great supporting company so I don’t have any thoughts about stepping away from the industry.
- Do you have any hobbies?
Yes! I play football weekly, surf, PlayStation, read and cook.
- Any book recommendations either fiction or non-fiction?
Where do we start? Any book by Joseph Finder, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, The Dark Tower by Stephen King
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A footballer! Didn’t all boys wanted to be?
- What is it about Ihre Consulting which has kept you for so long?
The company is really supporting and provides anything I need for me to excel and do my job better. When working in an environment like this it makes your job so much easier and you actually have time to enjoy what you do.
Another aspect is the management. In today’s world I think it is hard to find a manager/boss that actually cares about you and about what’s going on in your life… yet here the human side of things are the best I have every come across.
- What’s does a typical day look like at Ihre Consulting
That depends – some days can be really quiet with everyone with their headphones on and doing the work quietly.
But other days (in most cases) the work involves lots of chatter, asking each other questions and most importantly having a joke with each other!
We have a great team here, so the atmosphere is great regardless of if it’s a quiet or a busy day.
- What’s your favourite sport?
Football of course!
- Any good box sets to recommend?
So many!!! GOT, the Americans, Family Guy, Suits, How to get away with murder….
- Who is your favourite superhero?
Definitely Gambit. Not everyone knows him but he’s an X-MEN that uses playing cards as a weapon!!! How cool is that?
- Do you Gamble?
Not often really… but Black Jack is a game!
- Do you have any good organisation tips?
Open an excel sheet with your tasks!! This will change your life…
- Where do you go for your industry news?
I visit GPWA daily. But to be honest Claire and Sophie inform us on everything we need to know. (Thanks girls…)
- Name 3 things that readers don’t know about you.
- I wanted to change my career completely and be a chef. I actually completed cooking 1&2 but stopped when I realised how long it would take me to actually become a chef…
- I played semi pro Futsal (indoor football).
- I can easily spend a whole day playing FIFA on the PS4
Have anything else you’d like to ask Ran? Let me know for next time!